Salary: £26276 – £30011 plus weekend enhancements and sleep in allowance
Hours: 37 hours per week
Term: Term-time only plus Inset days plus 2 weeks for holiday club (41 weeks in total)
Closing date: Friday 7th May, 2021
This post is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, enthusiastic team helping to continually move this already Outstanding school forward.
Bleasdale School is an Outstanding Residential and Day school for young people with PMLD and associated complex needs, some with ASD and challenging behaviour. The school is a Lancashire Authority School and caters for both day and residential pupils on a term time only basis.
The successful candidate will work primarily in the residential setting as Care Manager leading a team of staff. Consisting of a Team leader, residential support workers and Care Assistants, including night staff.
There will be some overnight/weekend residential duties expected of the candidate.(rota on request). This post will be term-time only 37 hrs a week but will be over 41 weeks which will include 2 weeks working in our summer holiday club.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
– excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication;
– a passion to ensure every pupil succeeds and reaches their full potential;
– an awareness of their own strengths and areas for development and a willingness to listen to, reflect constructively and act upon, as appropriate, feedback from others.
– ability to manage teams effectively
– have an awareness of Ofsted criteria and Minimum Standards
– an ability to lead by example.
We can offer you:
– an opportunity to work in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) just 20 mins from Junction 35 of the M6 motorway;
– a chance to work in a fantastic well resourced school with a group of highly committed and enthusiastic staff.
– regular updated professional development and a chance to further enhance your skills/qualifications.
Closing date for applications Friday 7th May 2021
Proposed interview date tbc
Bleasdale School takes safeguarding very seriously and all candidates will have an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing work.
For further information and to apply, please go to the Non-teaching school vacancies page of Lancashire County Council’s website.
Dedicated and committed members of staff
Parental Questionnaire 2017
In association with
Headteacher: Mrs Kairen Dexter
Bleasdale School, 27 Emesgate Lane
Silverdale, Carnforth, Lancashire
For general enquiries, please contact the School Office on the telephone number below. Your query will be dealt with by Elisa Tidman.