Teaching Assistant 2b
Grade: 5 (SCP 6-11)
Salary: £21968-£24054. Please note this is the full time equivalent salary. Actual salary will be pro-rata for part-time, term time only working
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, term time only
Required from: ASAP
Closing date: 12 noon 11/10/23
Can you enhance the lives of our fantastic young people as a Teaching Assistant 2b? Please see the attached job description and person specification for further information. Here at Bleasdale School we pride ourselves in offering an amazing catalogue of training preparing you for school life at Bleasdale to love your role both now and for years to come. This post is for 32.5 hours a week (8:45am – 3:45pm, Monday to Friday with a 30 minute lunch break each day.) This is a fantastic opportunity to start or continue your career in special education, working as part of a team helping young people with diverse and varying needs. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measures and you will be working in a setting where we maintain a strong Safeguarding culture. Our young people are listened to, respected and involved in as many decisions as possible.
ABOUT US: Bleasdale School is an Outstanding school (Ofsted July 2017). The school caters for pupils aged 2-19 with Profound and Multiple learning Difficulties, some with associated complex needs and some with ASD. As a Teaching Assistant 2b you will work under the direction of the Class Teacher. You will be instrumental in ensuring school values and ethos continue throughout and beyond the school day. Bleasdale School is in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just 10 mins from Jct 35 M6. The school also has a wealth of resources, including a swimming pool, rebound room and a bespoke sensory suite.
Why Work at BLEASDALE SCHOOL? We will offer you:
- Fantastic pupils
- A vibrant school with enthusiastic staff
- No two days are the same
- The opportunity to train and develop within the area of PMLD
- Wellbeing centred approach to work, we have a dedicated wellbeing team who organise staff events and activities such as free swimming sessions and themed events.
- Earn up to an additional £190.00 a year (in gift cards) as part of our new attendance reward scheme We would like:
- A committed and passionate person
- Someone who will strive for the best for our pupils at all times
At Bleasdale School we take Safeguarding of children very seriously and all our staff will have an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note CVs are not accepted, to apply for this vacancy you need to complete the application form attached.
Please note that in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be carried out as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates.
This advert will close at 12:00pm on Wednesday 11th October with shortlisting taking place on Wednesday 11th October at 1:00pm. Interviews will be held the week commencing 16th October 2023.
- Essential Qualifications
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent – appropriate to post
- Desirable Qualifications
- Level 2 or equivalent in Maths and English
- Essential Experience
- Working with school aged children
- Desirable Experience
- Working with school aged children with SEN
- For an informal discussion please contact:
- Sefton Booth , Head Teacher , Bleasdale School , 01524 701217
- Equal Opportunities statement
- An Equal Opportunities Employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community
- Rehabilitation The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a ‘disclosure’. Information provided by you or the Disclosure and Barring Service will be dealt with in a confidential manner in accordance with the DBS’s Code of Practice. You may view the Code of Practice on the DBS website at www.gov.uk/dbs or alternatively a copy is available on request. Lancashire County Council has a Handling of DBS Certificate Information Policy and a Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-offenders this is available from the recruiting manager to applicants who are asked to complete a DBS application.
Application forms and further details are returnable to
School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
01524 701217. . Joel Beal
School Business Manager
Application forms are available on the Non-Teaching Vacancies page of Lancashire County Council’s website under vacancy number 187538
Midday Welfare AssistantMid Day Welfare AssistantHere at Bleasdale School we are seeking a Mid-Day Welfare Assistant to support our young pupils during the day. This includes mornings, lunch and before the end of the school day. If you are a kind, caring and compassionate person interested in supporting our pupils, please contact us either via email email@example.com or via telephone 01524 701217.
Dedicated and committed members of staff
Parental Questionnaire 2017
In association with
Headteacher: Mr Sefton Booth
Bleasdale School, 27 Emesgate Lane
Silverdale, Carnforth, Lancashire
For general enquiries, please contact the School Office on the telephone number below. Your query will be dealt with by Elisa Tidman.